The Batting Tee Is Outstanding And Not Boring At All!
Please don’t ever think of the batting tee as boring. I hope hitters, coaches and baseball parents realize that the benefits of working off the tee are tremendous…if the batting tee is used properly. It’s a great baseball hitting device that saves valuable time, and time is critical when a player is struggling at the plate.
Sometimes it takes many, many repetitions to break a bad habit before muscle memory takes place and using the batting tee can speed up the entire process. Instead of getting just 10 swings in practice, you can get an additional 100 off a batting tee in no time at all. If a player is struggling at the plate, life will be made alot easier if he can get back on the right track in a day or so instead of a couple of weeks. That is huge!
The batting tee is an extremely valuable baseball hitting tool that’s very versatile. An added bonus is that it can be set up almost anywhere and by no means is a baseball field even required. During bad weather for example, you can hang an old piece of carpeting against the garage wall, set up your tee, and start hacking away.
I would highly recommend that anyone who is serious about their baseball hitting should own one. And NO, I don’t sell them nor am I affiliated with anyone who sells them!
What’s Necessary To Get The Most Benefit From The Batting Tee
1) That it’s set up properly.
2) That you take the same swing that you would normally take in a live game. If you are willing to spend your time, you are certainly entitled to reap the benefits.
3) Position yourself and the ball on the tee so it is at the point where you would be making normal contact with a live pitch.
4) A good place to set up the ball is across from your front striding foot, before the stride is taken. You can change this as you see fit because you are the one doing the hitting.
5) Waist high is a good height when working off the batting tee on your overall swing but you can vary the height of the batting tee if you want to practice at a specific height. Feel free to position the tee so you can practice hitting both inside and outside pitches as well. Use the flexibility of the tee to your advantage. Too often players just set it up waist high and start hacking. If you want to work on a specific location, feel free to move the tee or move yourself.
Young Players And The Batting Tee
As a rule, youngsters are not a big fan of the batting tee and quite often feel it’s boring. To motivate them, give them a friendly reminder that many outstanding professional baseball hitters take as many as 500 swings a day off a batting tee. And that’s probably one of the reasons they are now professional baseball hitters!
Always take your work off the batting tee very seriously and you must swing like you are swinging at a live pitch in a ball game! It is one of the best baseball coaching drills for a coach to use with his players. What can possibly be better than speeding up the process if you have “lost” your swing or to maintain your swing if you are in a good groove? Remember, practice doesn’t make perfect but perfect practice makes perfect.
If you’re working off the batting tee, obviously you are willing to put in the time so don’t cheat yourself and make sure you get the full benefit that you deserve. The benefits from working off the tee are tremendous. Baseball parents, players and youth coaches, I post a new FREE baseball article on hitting, pitching or fielding every Monday at LarryBaseball.com that you can add to your favorites now. You, as well as other baseball people you share them with will benefit by reading them. Please feel free to use the links for your website, blog or newsletter to attract more visitors or to keep your current visitors returning. I promise you will be raising a few eyebrows.